Wednesday 6 July 2011

Moving back to London - fresh studio, fresh colour, fresh ideas.

I have just finished my university course (BA(Hons) Textile Design (Mixed Media Textiles) -(got a 2:1!)  at De Montfort University in Leicester) and have moved back down south to be nearer London and return home.
A big step and a whole new chapter of my life!


During the adventure of New Designers and some exciting new opportunities coming my way, I have started a small business creating leather necklaces, corsages and other accessories.


Moving home, I have comandeered a second room to use as my new studio and work on accessories to sell. -Jammy I know!


It is so good to have my own space to work, with  room to store all my feathers, beads, sketchbooks and fabrics. Plus it's got a great view, being a loft conversion :)




After a very successful leather sourcing day yesterday, I'm so excited to get started on creating some more colourful necklaces this week - lots of purples, deep reds and blues/greens and tans. 
Watch this space!


Also had a rather successful trip to the park Monday, having collected some very beautiful parrot, pheasant and budgie feathers from the friendly man who looks after the pets corner! 
I have plans for these beauties....






All images  © Claire Fitzjohn 2011

1 comment:

Sammy_Louise said...

Loving the free feather sourcing you need to make friends with the pet corner man and you shall never have to buy feathers again mwahahahaha