Saturday 25 June 2011

Northampton University graduate fashion catwalk

This week I attended Northampton University's annual graduate fashion show.

An old school friend of mine was showing her collection, so I went along to the VIP bits as her plus one.

Really amazing mix of fashion design, there was a bit of everything! Many moods, colours, styles, shapes, and textures. Lots of very impressive collections, least of all my friend Ayse's. Very proud friend!
I want to share her talent and some of the other students' collections... here are my faves from the show (it was so hard to pick!)




 Both from Ayse's collection. Thin calf hide leather capes, - especially beautiful on the ebony models.
 Another favourite for simplicity and crisp lines, lots of flounces, very feminine.


 This one definately inspired me - knitted plastic tubing, very sculptural, loved it!






Here is a news report and video published on the event...





All images above  © Claire Fitzjohn 2011

No comments: